Intense pulsed light is often used to treat many skin conditions. This form of light treatment uses light of several different wavelengths (colors) to affect the skin in different ways. This light heats up different structures in the skin(i.e. blood in the blood vessels, pigment in the skin, or pigment in the hair) to have a desired effect. Here are several conditions that can be treated using IPL:
- Redness and/or telangienctasia on the face or trunk
- Age spots (anywhere on the face or body)
- Unwanted hair (except gray/white hair)
- Facial rejuvenation (evening out pigment and/or reducing redness)
- Reducing the Appearance of Sun damage (mottled pigmentation and/or redness) on the neck and/or chest
- This treatment has become extremely popular and costs are coming down as the costs of these machines is less than in the past. Most commonly, facial rejuvenation is desired and IPL photo-rejuventaiton reduced redness and/or brown spots on the face.
- Usually several treatment sessions are needed (2-6), which can take seconds to over thirty (3) minutes, depending upon which areas are treated. There is usually some discomfort during treatment, which feels like a very warm instant heat under the skin. Brown spots usually darken a few days after treatment and then flake off within 2 weeks.
Our office uses the Spectrapulse™, which uses both Argon and Krypton as its energy sources. This combination allows for extremely effective treatment of blood vessels and skin pigmentation. Other systems typically use only Argon.
This procedure is simple and satisfaction rates are extremely high. Please call our office to find out how IPL photo-rejuvenation can help you look more youthful.